Straits Construction Group Pte Ltd and its’ Related Companies (Straits Construction)
Straits Construction respects the privacy of your Personal Data. Straits Construction Personal Data Protection Policy sets out the guidelines on how we comply with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA).
As far as possible, we will not collect more personal data than necessary for the stated purpose.
By providing your personal data, you are deemed to have agreed and consented to Straits Construction, our authorised service providers and third parties to collect, manage, use, disclose, share and retain your Personal Data in the manner set forth in this Personal Data Protection Policy.
1. Personal Data
Under the PDPA, Personal Data refers to any data and/or information about an individual who can be identified either
- from that data.
- from that data and other information to which Straits Construction have or are likely to have legitimate access.
Examples of Personal Data Information include but not limited to:
- your name, gender, date of birth, nationality, country/city of birth, NRIC, passport or other identification number, contact number(s), residential address, mailing address, email address and any other information relating to you which you have provided, in any forms you may have submitted, and/or from interaction with you.
- your photographs, other audio-visual and biometric information.
- your employment history, health and education background, and income levels.
- your training history, performance assessment and disciplinary records.
- personal Information of your family members such as next-of-kin, spouses, siblings and children
- information on payments and billings details such as your bank account details.
- information from your usage and interaction with our website and/or services including computer and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views and traffic to and from our website.
2. Collection of Personal Data
Straits Construction may collect personal data when you or your authorized representatives (i.e. persons whom you have authorised, persons who have been validly identified as being you or your authorised representative) interact with us in the following ways:
- contact us for enquiry or request for assistance.
- visit our website.
- when you interact with us, for example, via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings, online forms or emails.
- when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing lists.
- when you are contacted by and respond to our representatives.
- when you submit a job, internship or a scholarship application.
- when you purchase or/and engage our products and services.
- when we receive references from business partners and third parties, where you have been referred by them.
- when you visit our premises.
- when you request for our technical support or services.
- CCTV recordings, photos, videos and other medias while you are at our premises.
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
Straits Construction also reiterates that submission of your personal data is voluntary.
If you provide Straits Construction with any Personal Data belonging to a third party, you have the responsibility for obtaining the consent for the use and transfer of data to Straits Construction.
3. Use of Personal Data
- We may collect, use, disclose and/or retain your Personal Data for the following purposes:for administrative and human resource matters including granting access to our premises and computer systems, processing leave application, developing human resource policies and resolving disciplinary and employment related grievances.
- for recruitment purposes.
- to provide you with training.
- for employee communication.
- to process payment for your employment, services rendered or any other purchases.
- for assessing and evaluating suitability for employment/continued employment in any position and your career development.
- to improve customer services, such as resolving complaints and handling requests, enquiries and feedback.
- to meet legal, regulatory and other requirements including providing assistance to law enforcement, judicial and other government agencies.
- to respond to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorised.
- to ensure the safety and security of our properties and systems, including the use of CCTV surveillance, conducting security clearance and issuance of visitor passes.
- to support security and risk management.
- to process any medical related claims.
- to handle claims and disputes, protecting and enforcing our contractual, legal rights and obligations.
- to process insurance claims and payments arising from various policies.
- to meet obligations of conducting our business such as tendering and securing of businesses.
- to facilitate any corporate restructuring process.
- to facilitate arrangements of company related travels and events.
- to use for company’s marketing of products, internal newsletters, website and other analytics purposes.
- to conduct our business operations more smoothly, we may also be disclosing the personal data you have provided to us to our third party service providers, agents and/or our affiliates or related corporations, and/or other third parties whether situated in Singapore or outside of Singapore, for one or more of the above-stated Purposes. Such third party service providers, agents and/or affiliates or related corporations and/or other third parties would be processing your personal data either on our behalf or otherwise, for one or more of the above-stated Purposes.
In the event your Personal Data is required for purposes not listed above, Straits Construction will contact you in advance to obtain your consent
Straits Construction shall not use your Personal Data for purposes other than what we have informed you, or which are permitted under local laws and regulations.
4. Sharing your information
We may share your information with:
- Companies in the Straits Construction Group of Companies
- Business partners, clients, developers, consultants, contractors, vendors, recruitment agencies, survey firms and other stakeholders including insurance companies and medical providers we work with
- Industry regulators and other government organisations, as required by local laws and regulations
- Financial institutions for payments and facilitating payroll payments
- Our professional advisers such as our lawyers, auditors and other contract service providers
- Agents, contractors, third party service providers and specialist advisers who provide operational, administrative, financial, research or other services, such as but not limited to telecommunications, information technology, payments, payroll processing, construction services, training, event organizing, market research, storage, and archival services.
In some cases, we shall encrypt, anonymise and/or aggregate the information before sharing it. Anonymising means stripping the information of personally identifiable features. Aggregating means presenting the information in groups or segments e.g. age groups.
5. Accuracy of Personal Data
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. You have a responsibility to keep us informed when there are any updates to your Personal Data.
6. Withdrawal of Consent
The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. If you are a job applicant, you may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we respond to your request with 30 calendar days and by which time we will give you an estimate how long it need to process and effect your request, and how much the charge is for processing the request.
Do note that if you withdraw your consent, depending on the nature of your request, we may no longer be in a position to continue administer or fulfill any contractual relationship in place.
7. Protecting your information
We endeavor to take precautions to ensure that the information you have provided is protected against unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure. We have disseminated information to our employees on implementing measures to secure and protect your information such as training of our employees on handling your Personal Data with respect to confidentiality, securing your data, taking steps to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, and disclosure.
However, we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended use, access, disclosure or loss that is beyond our control which includes cyber-attacks such as hacking, spyware and viruses.
8. Retention of Personal Data
Personal Data are retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
Straits Construction will cease to retain your Personal Data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purposes for which the personal data were collected, and are no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
We will ensure that Personal Data that no longer has any business or legal use be destroyed or disposed of in a secure manner. This applies to both paper documents and electronic data stored in databases.
9. Data Protection Officer
If you have concerns or further queries about your Personal Data, you may contact the following
Data Protection Officer
Email: [email protected]
Straits Construction Group Pte Ltd
16 Jalan Kilang #05-01
Hoi Hup Building
Telephone Number: +65 62226722
Any query or complaint should include, at least, the following details:
• Full name and contact information of the data subject
• Brief description of the query or complaint
We treat such queries and complaints seriously and will deal with them confidentially and within reasonable time.
If you wish to access, update, withdraw any information that you provide to us, please contact [email protected].
We may amend or modify this Policy from time to time, such as in response to changes to legislation. We remain committed to safeguarding your information and being open about our data protection practices.